Monday, April 21, 2008

pathetic fallacy (working title)

Oh God how I wish it would rain,
would just pour,
for days it's been grey and damp,
but I need more;
I need torrents of empathy
flooding the Earth,
as my heart floods with You,
floods with all that you're worth.
I need dark, looming storm,
furious, heavy cloud,
darkened sky, screaming wind,
soaring, roaring aloud.
Newspapers over heads, headlines
dark, running ink,
planes stopped and trains slowed
as newborn streams gladly slink
past crowded doorways, cramped cafes,
brimming with tears,
fallen from unaware coattails
or from cold ears,
I need streets shining soaked, but
not lit by the sun,
sparkling under street-lamps,
while figures, dark, run.

Yes,

what I need now is rain,
hard and heavy as pain,
rain to drown out my tears
'till I'm with You again.

No comments: