Sunday, June 24, 2007

the least likely answer to your lack of one

So, here’s what I’m thinking.
In attempted sinking (or descending) order of likelihood.
Perhaps for some reason you don’t have your phone with you,
or maybe it’s not working, but you would.

Or maybe you’ve simply developed a dislike
for the way we’ve been talking lately.
Or maybe I’ve hurt you and somehow
I’m significant enough now that you’re mad at me.
(I can’t see how that could be likely, but see your lackings transferring to me).

But then there’s this,
probably the least likely answer to your lack of one,
but the one that both terrifies and gratifies me more much so than any other one.
There’s the possibility that you just know how much I care.
This could mean that:
-you’re pissed ‘cause you think I’ve only been getting to know you because I think I have a chance (in which case you’re wrong, & I’m offended but don’t blame you.),
or,
-you’re terrified. ‘cause when you realised that I really like you,
it occurred to you that maybe I’m not the only one who wouldn’t mind this going further.

No comments: