Sunday, June 24, 2007

our consequence

This anti-culture.
Corrupt, slothful,
Fuelled by money and lethargy.
Leeching the good,
Killing the potential,
Feasting on scraps
Of the way we could be living.

I hate you,
You who made me capable of such vile emotions.

But what are you, really,
Other than a learning experience;
A labyrinth we have constructed of the mistakes we perpetuate fiercely?

Am I just attempting to cling to my naïve optimism and tolerance and hope?

How would I explain?
How will I avoid??
How can I not try to fix this
In any way possible?
I could never create life to present this world to.

Painful; the power that hatred holds for us,
The level of panic and fear which incarcerates us,
Our inability to love or understand,
Our insatiable appetite for pain,
Our frantic quest for “happiness”
The gradually surfacing truth about our consequence.

No comments: